Every black man that is “ok with white people using the n-word”
That Asian girl who applauds Katy Perry dressing up like a Geisha
Those native American folks who are fine with the “Redskins” mascot
The Chicano/Latino boy who wants to “deport all the illegals”
A moment of silence for our fallen soldiers. They are lost to the cause.
For people of color who fetishize themselves and are ok with others fetishizing them
The false perception that women in computer science make less than men is probably one of the factors that discourages women from pursuing careers in tech
Whatever the reasons for the gender disparity in programming, actual salary differences have nothing to do with fueling that gap, simply because they do not exist. According to a new study by the American Association of University Women, there is no statistical difference between female and male programmers’ salaries. The same holds true for women who go into engineering, mathematics and physical sciences.
Person: I’m a woman and I don’t need feminism
What she’s actually saying:
- My life is perfectly okay and I don’t really care what other women go through
- I think feminists are just whiny and can’t take jokes that perpetuate harmful stereotypes
- I believe that people are just obsessed with political correctness
- I am blind to the fact that there are still problems faced by women
- I have forgotten that feminism gave women rights such as the right to vote
- I have no idea that feminism is an egalitarian movement that fights for everyone’s rights regardless of sex, gender, sexuality, race, religion, nationality, and ethnicity but mostly focuses on women’s rights.
- I am more concerned about semantics rather than human rights
- I can’t distinguish between real feminists and shitty people who call themselves feminists
- I still believe in the false notion that feminism is about hating men
- I actually don’t understand what feminism is
What this post is actually saying:
I don’t believe that women have a right to choose and form their own opinions and beliefs, unless said opinions and beliefs are ones that I approve of.
I’m sorry, but I thought feminism was fighting for the right for women to make their own options and believe in what they want. I guess I was incorrect in that assumption.
Hang on a second. OP, saying “I don’t need feminism” doesn’t mean “No one needs feminism ever.” It’s literally saying “I, me, don’t need feminism.”
The fact that that flew by 25,000 peoples heads is astounding.
Also, never assume you know what someone believes without actually getting to know them. You really showed your ass with this one.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:
NO ONE is a bigger misogynist than a feminist.
Take a look, women - this is what feminists really think about you.
What has feminism actually done in the past 10 years? This is a legitimate question, and it would be great if someone could answer.
got women to vote you dumb shit
I had no idea women gained the right to vote in 2004. Someone tell historical facts this, because it says otherwise.
Most brilliant anti-feminist quote I have read to date.
And it’s from Christina Sommers, a feminist who has said again and again how she hates what feminism has become.
I actually tweeted her that this tweet is making its rounds on Tumblr, and she retweeted. She thoroughly knows we praise her.
The anti-feminist feminist.
My friend Meg, (i-just-have-a-difference) is diagnosed with a rare disorder called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and is in need to come to America for surgery. She is completely bed bound and very sick. Please consider donating, even $1 from each of my followers would make a huge difference. This girl deserves so much better than the cards she’s been dealt in life. Let’s show her Tumblr can make a difference. My goal is to get this to $4,000 notes by next week. Can you help make that happen?
Hey guys, this is really important. Spread the word, please donate if you can.
I actually saw this on tv the other day. Canada may have shitty television but our PSAs are wonderful.